L. Charles Grimes
L. Charles Grimes is a trial attorney. He concentrates his practice in several main areas:
Civil litigation, Commercial and Construction law, and Administrative Agency law and hearings.
Charles also specializes in Eminent Domain, and Land Use, Zoning, and Governmental Affairs.
The main emphasis of his practice is dispute resolution through mediation, arbitration, litigation and government agency or administrative hearings.
Charles has handled hundreds of significant cases, including in both State and Federal Court, throughout North Carolina as well as in multiple other states.
Mr. Grimes obtained his entire college education from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He received his ungraduated degree with high honors and distinction in 1986, and in 1989 graduated from UNC’s School of Law. While there he was awarded and made a member of the UNC Law Review as well as awarded first prize in the University of North Carolina School of Law’s Nathan Burkan Memorial Competition for outstanding and scholarly writing.
Charles was born in Fayetteville, North Carolina in 1962.
He is a member of the North Carolina State Bar, and the North Carolina and American Bar Associations.
Charles is married to Elizabeth Grimes, and they have two children.
- University of North Carolina School of Law, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- J.D. - 1989
- Honors: Recipient, First Prize, Nathan Burkan Memorial Competition
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- Honors: With High Honors and Distinction
- Major: Bachelor of Science, Psychology and Criminal Justice
- Greensboro North Carolina, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- North Carolina Bar Association
Current Employment Position
- Of Counsel
- Complex Litigation - Multiple Parties & Complex/Compound Issues in State and Federal Court
- Real Estate & Construction Law
- Business and Commercial Law
- Land Use, Zoning, and Governmental Affairs
- Eminent Domain - Land Acquisition (the taking of personal property for public use)
- Defense of Licensed Professionals in Both Litigation and Administrative Board Hearings
- Lender, Finance and Banking Related Law, Including Claims Resolution
- Tax Court and Governmental Controversies
- Fiduciary Claims and Defenses
- Personal Injury Litigation, Including Catastrophic Injury
- North Carolina, 1989
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of North Carolina